Low-Cost Sanitary Park
B. PAN, TRAP MASONRY & FOOTRESTS.
C. 105 cm DIAMETER AND 6 cm THICK COVER.
D. HONEY COMBED CIRCULAR WALL WITH 10 cm OPENINGS. MATERIALS REQUIRED
- BRICKS – 650
- SAND – 0.05 m3 – 0.06 m3
- CEMENT – 3 BAGS
- STEEL BARS – 6 mm 6.5 kg
- A.C.PIPES 75 mm 3m
- MURAM – 0.01 m3
- FOOTRESTS, TRAP, PAN
F. PAN, TRAP & FOOTRESTS.
G. BRICK MASONRY (100 cm x 120 cm).
H. CONNECTING CHAMBER (20 cm x 20 cm).
I. 75 mm DIAMETER PIPE.
J. TWO PITS 1m DIAMETER
K. TWO PITS 1.5m DEEP
- Dry (Bucket) Latrine is easily converted to this latrine.
- There is no odour nuisance. It is scientific and Hygienic.
- There is no need for a scaverger to maintain it clean.
- It is possible to flush with a small amount of water (1.5 L.) because of the special type of Pan and Trap.
- Twin leachpits absorbing Urine, Nightsoil & Water of continuous use. The collected and digested Nightsoil is converted into rich manure on extended sorage.
- One Leachpit serves a family of 5-7 members for about 5 years.
- The transformed water and gas on digestion of nightsoil are absorbed into the soil.
- Because of water seal in this latrine it does not give out malodours.
- This is the most inexpensive type of Latrines.
- There is no need to provide a gas pipe.
- There is no possbility of pollution of water in the nearby wells and handpump strata.