A. TOILET BLOCK
B. WATER CLOSET PAN
C. GAS PIPE, 8 C.M. DIAMETER
D. DIVIDE WALL 0.61 M x 71 M.
E. CONCRETE COVER OVER TANK
F. OUTLET PIPE FOR EFFLLUENT
- Two Tanks 0.61 m. X 0.71 m. X 1.60 m. & 1.60 m. X 0.71 m. X 1.37 m. are constructed for one family. For separation into two parts a cross wall 0.71 m. (Width) X 0.61 m. (Depth) X 1.37 m. (Thickness) is suspended for roof.
- The tanks must be always filled with water and remain coverd.
- During 24 hours of degestion, Gas is liberated from nighsoil and treated Waste-Water flows out. Anoxobes Decompose Nightsoil, resulting in digested sludge which settles dow. It is manure.
- It needs more water. It is useful for Rocky, Low-Lying Subsoil water areas.
- Excess wastewater is sent either to soakpits or to kitchen gandens. It contains nutrients.
- Insecticides or Pesticides like Phenol or D.D.T. or B.H.C. should not be used for cleaning the Latrine. However, after defaection, it must flushed with atleast 5 Litres of Water (in one second).
- It may be desludgled of clay, sand & excess sludge (not complete) after about 5 years.