A. TOILET BLOCK
B. WATER CLOSET PAN CONNECTED TO STONEWARE SEWER.
C. STONEWARE SEWER PIPE SUBMERGED IN WASTE WATER.
D. FILTER CHAMBER OR SOAKPIT.
E. T CONNECTION FOR EFFLUENT OUTLETS.
F. CONTAINER OF AQUA PRIVY.
G. CONCRETE FLOOR SLAB FOR CONTAINER.
H. GAS PIPE.
I. OPEN SPACE IN TEH CONTAINER.
- Aqua Privy is a modified form of Septic Tank.
- It is more useful where water carriage system is absent and availability of water is limited.
- There is no need to flush this toilet.
- This pucca latrine can be constructed on a smaller area with the tank below. The submerged outlet pipe serves as Water Seal.
- The Size recommeded for one family is 0.72 m. X 1.45 m. X 1.37 m. The wall thickness being 20 c.m. only.
- A 100 mm Diameter T-Connection is provided to take out treated waste water. The night soil converted into water flows out and could be used for kitchen garden or let out into a Soakpit or Soak Trench.
- In rocky areas, it sould be constructed above the ground also.
- The cost of construction varies from Rs. 2200.00 – 2500.00 only.
- The settled and digsted sludge may be removed (But not completely) after 5-6 years. It must be filled with Water before use.