A. 19 MM WATER SEAL CONCRETE PAN
B. STEINING MASONRY 20 CM WIDE AND 50 CM DEEP OVER THE LEACHPIT.
C. LEACHPIT 75 CM x 85 CM x 2.50 CM (DEPTH) BELOW THE CONCRETE SEAT.
D. WATER SEAL TRAP, 19 CM x 0.06 M (THICKNESS)
E. TOILET BLOCK
- It is much more useful for villages.
- It occupies less space (1.22 m X 1.22 m) because the Leachpit is underneath the seat.
- It is an odourless, Hygienic, Scientific and Water-Seal Latrine.
- Rich manure is available from Nightsoil.
- Since the trap is cast alongwith the pan, water required for flushing is small (1.5 L.)
- The leachpit may be lined or unlined. Only the top 50 cm is laid in brick masonry. Water and Gas are absorbed int the soil. Only the stabilised and deigested manure remains stored.
- This is the most inexpensive type of latrines. The total cost of construction ranges between Rs. 700 – Rs. 800 only.